Tuesday, October 23, 2012

If you know someone dealing with baby loss

We understand that the death of a baby can be uncomfortable and people are timid when it comes to discussing the loss. It is impossible for you to understand the depth of the pain we suffer.

Here are some things to keep in mind:
This cruel situation HAPPENED to me. I am not contagious. I will not go up to you and rub your belly and spread some death on you. Don't treat me like I am.

I have joined a community filled with hundreds of thousands of women on a mission to increase social awareness and erase the social taboo of pregnancy & infant loss.

We have lost the most important person in the world to us and we will grieve their loss for the rest of our lives. Please do not feel as though you need to "fix" this by saying "you can have another" or "you'll move on". Despite your best intentions, those comments don't help. If something happened to one of your siblings, no one would walk up to your parents and say "Well at least you have other children". We know we will have other children. Nothing can replace the one we lost.

Please acknowledge that our baby did exist & that we are parents. I dread that this baby will be forgotten someday.

More than just losing a baby, we lost out on a lifetime of dreams and hopes we had for them.

I do find a small ounce of comfort knowing that our baby was never alone, always fed and never cold. THAT is what I was able to do for them. I was a loving Mother for their 4 month (too-short) life.

I hope to someday discover the lesson in all this. I hope I at least inspired you to be more understanding, be a better parent, and ultimately help in your awareness of this devastating cause.

This video was made to share the overwhelming joy I was feeling, knowing that Joe & I created a heavenly life. I'll never forget that feeling. I'll never forget my first born.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand the feeling. I lost my baby 7 months ago and still don't feel normal. I finally decided to start writing my feelings and stated my blog. Although it is very very new I feel a small part of "me" coming back to life. Feel free to contact me even if it's just for a shoulder to cry on. http://forevermychild.blogspot.com/2012/10/to-my-angel.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kristina,while reaing your blog now i am getting tears on my eyes because even i faced a loss on the same month as you september 2012 even i was expecting the next year very eagerly with the hopes that i am going to be blessed with my great baby this year.....although my pregnancy was only 9 weeks i still feel that its my baby...........and i lost it.... :( don t know when i will be blessed with my rainbow but forsure i know i ll have one on my own.....even i ll pray for u that surely u ll also be blessed soon......my hugs to u.....i really really look forward to hold our Little ones hands very soon...............wish u good luck please be free to mail me be.saranya@gmail.com ,HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete