Sunday, December 16, 2012

Is it a gift?

What do you consider to be an unforeseen gift? Our first counseling session provided a different prospective on our dark situation. She actually feels that this time Joe and I were given...is a gift. Time is considered a gift. Time to build on our individual strengths, and enhance an already strong marriage. This time will allow us to create a foundation to build a family on. It was uncovered and openly admitted that I don't actually "live". I live my life for one sole purpose...to be a Mother. I don't enjoy the ride. I only have my sight set on the finish line. I neglect everything else in my life..including me.

What I DO know...is that I was chosen. Chosen to carry out a mission for awareness. A voice. To help others who are timid, to grow strength. So many mothers across the country have contacted me, after seeing this blog, needing an ear. Needing to connect. This is the gift I know I have received.

I read an article that every soul that comes into this world comes here with a very specific mission. When that mission is completed, the soul can leave. The holiest of souls need so little time here in this world that some never even make it outside the womb, others only need their heart to beat once, others not even that.

We cannot understand God's ways, but when we believe that everything happens for a reason and that nothing is random, hopefully that will help the grieving process.

Clearly, we want healthy children and easy pregnancies. But for whatever reason, certain souls do not need to come into this world, and I, for whatever reason, carried such a soul.

Embrace the gift that you've been given.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Miranda...I hope with time, and healing...you too can see an ounce of light and appreciate what you can do with this horrible situation we've been put into. XO

      Delete