Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Muchness of Marriage


Valentines-Day-Challenge-header

Something our grief counselor said to me this week really resonated with me.   As Chaotic as my life is..it was a methodical sub-conscious move on my part in choosing Joe as a partner.  I chose an all American, calm, stable, even-keel man. It makes sense. He's the Ying to my Yang. Someone to calm the chaos, suppress the over dramatic, over the top moments, love me when I can't love myself, and most importantly someone who is strong enough to weather the storm that I often am.

This guy Loves me. Plain and simple. The way I catch him staring at me. The way he guarantees a day doesn't go by without some form of affection. Being the best Daddy he can be to Anna. The way my happiness is always on his mind. The way I feel when I'm with him. This is Joe. This is the guy I sub-consciously, yet methodically chose to be my life partner. The guy who suffered the same devastating loss as I did. I couldn't do it without him. I just couldn't.
Thank You for loving me the way you do.

I wish every girl was lucky enough to find "their Joe".



No comments:

Post a Comment