Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22nd

It's been 2 years ...since the worst day of my life. I don't want to slip into the dark, painful hole, to rehash the moments that changed my life. I just memorialize this day, like any other significant day in my life. Last year I  focused more on this anniversary as being the day Joey died.  This year, it's about the day Joey was born.
He spent 10 minutes on this earth. We were a family for 10 minutes. God gave me that. So today, we celebrate. Without a doubt, this day will always have a heavy feeling attached to it, but it's one I must acknowledge.
Last September 22nd, Joe and I ( 9 months pregnant) stood out in the cold rain building a memorial garden from the plot of land where a tree was destroyed. It's like life. When something dies, new life arises. I've worked on this garden all year long, planting bushes and flowers from us, Joey's Grandparents and Great Grandparents. It's a memorial garden from family, and built with love. It's a place that I can go to daily and get lost in my thoughts while I weed, fill the bird bath, watch the butterflies dance with the bees, and a place to think about my little guy. By no means is this garden complete. It's a work in progress....just like me.





Last September 22nd, My family and I went to the lake to release red heart lanterns. It was probably the windiest day of the year and not 1 lantern would light, let alone inflate and release. It was such a let down. It meant a lot that we all gathered  together for the effort. This year, Joe and I  decided to try the release again. Wouldn't you know it...the weather was exactly the same as it was last year. Cold, rainy, and of course WINDY. I was determined!! After 2 failed, ripped attempted...one inflated and we had lift off!!





No comments:

Post a Comment